PHOENIX, AZ (Dec. 17, 2020) — The year 2020 will go down in history as one of the most unpredictable years ever; however, the team of experts at Transact,
a leader in integrated campus payment, ID and commerce solutions, is preparing for 2021 with these predictions for the edtech fintech space.
- Cash is No Longer King. Today, roughly half of an institution’s facilitated payments are cash payments. Over the next year, there will be considerably less cash on campus as students and families elect contactless and
mobile options. This will lead to increased safety and convenience and more effective receivables collection for institutions.
- Contactless Payments Happen More as Human Contact Happens Less. With increasing consumer preference and conditioning for contactless interactions, payment credentials will expand beyond the fingerprint to other biometric
solutions, such as palm and iris authentication.
- Mobile Integration Gets Moving. With students’ mobile-centric mindset and expectation for simple, connected experiences top of mind, institutions will pursue mobile solutions that work together in a single app solution
for students. Entering the dorm, checking courses, making a payment, and ordering take-out all become accessible through a single, simple solution.
- Data Access and Analytics Revolutionize as Enterprise Resource Planning Moves to the Cloud. Moving legacy ERP infrastructure to the cloud is a potential catalyst for the revolutionary use of predictive analytics on campuses
nationwide. Today, data comes from multiple, disconnected sources so there is no way to correlate patterns, learn behaviors, and make predictions. With ERP in the cloud, institutions will be able to perform connected analyses not only
to improve campus safety, but also to provide additional value to the institution, such as creating student profiles to assess drop-out risk and bolster retention.
- Cryptocurrency Becomes Practical. As the artificial friction of moving money from source to source is reduced and international funds transfers become faster and simpler, institutions will be able to leverage practical applications
of blockchain to accelerate their financial transactions.
- Capacity Management Applications Multiply Off Campus and On. In 2020, social distancing and contactless order pickup became mainstream. In 2021, these concepts will be applied in ever broader ways as consumers resume daily
activities with new expectations. Imagine being able to reserve a time slot to shop at your favorite grocer or store at the mall, or schedule your time for dormitory move in, a gym workout, or a meal in the on-campus dining facility.
- Institutions Reprioritize Budgets as Families Prioritize Value Over Amenities. The conscientious consumer in 2021 will prioritize value and safety more than ever. Higher education institutions will buy based on those
consumer priorities and focus investments on campus safety, student wellness, and removing friction from processes to improve the student experience.
“For all the challenges that 2020 brought, the acceleration of technology adoption and advancement of many mobile technologies were very positive outcomes,” said David Marr, CEO of Transact. “Transact sees a bright future in
higher education in 2021. We are excited to make a difference in students’ lives by delivering compelling technology that uses digital credentials, integrated payments and other solutions to facilitate students’ safe return to
the post-pandemic campus.”
For more information about Transact’s leading integrated payment solutions, campus ID solutions, and campus commerce solutions, visit www.transactcampus.com.
Through market-leading credential-driven transactions and privileges, and innovative payment solutions, Transact enables a connected experience across the spectrum of student life. We partner with institutions
to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that support student success—facilitating meaningful student engagement
and rich data for keen institutional insight. Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona and has served the education community for over 35 years. Visit www.transactcampus.com.
Transact Campus Inc.