Effective Date: January 8, 2020
Last Updated: July 15, 2020
OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Transact collects personal information in the course of providing its products and services to Clients. This information may include account usernames and passwords; student and employment identification numbers; application, enrollment and financial aid information; payment information, event and class information, and location information. We process this information according to the instructions of our Clients. If you have questions about the privacy practices of our Clients, or if you wish to exercise your privacy rights with respect to this information, we recommend that you contact our Clients directly.
Our Clients entrust us with the personal information of their employees and their users, who are often students. Transact cares about privacy and safeguarding personal information, and we take these obligations seriously.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Transact collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
- Account Information. We may collect your account username and password.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your billing address and payment information. This may include payment card numbers, expiration dates and security codes.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Employment Information. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we collect the information you include in your application. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your employment history.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or you respond to a marketing campaign run by us. We may also collect information when you engage with a user forum, register for a webinar or event, or enter a promotion or contest. This may include your contact information, photos, videos and other user-generated content that you submit.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code.
- Commercial Information. We may collect information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased.
- Device Information. We may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address, browser, cookie information or information about your device’s operating system. We may also collect information about your Wi-Fi network.
- Technical Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Transact collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Purchase products or services.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or focus groups.
- Submit a request to our client support teams, or make an inquiry to our call centers.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Apply for a job through our Platform.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties may also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for our products or services. This could include processing purchases or other transactions.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us and tailor our Platform to your interests. We may also analyze how you use our products and services.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products and services interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also communicate with you about the products and service that we or our Clients provide to you. We may contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we may use this information to evaluate your application.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information or serve you ads about new products and special offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our Clients or partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 16, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
Your Privacy Rights:
- You can request further details about the personal information we collect about you; access to, rectification of or deletion of certain personal information; or to restrict or opt-out of using or sharing your personal information in certain circumstances.
- You may be able to access, update, change or delete some of your information by logging into your account. If you cannot request your desired option through your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the telephone number or address listed below. You may also submit your request through our “Contact Us” page.
- Note that we may take steps to verify your identity before processing your request. Where required by law, we may accept a privacy request from someone acting on your behalf; however, we may still contact you to verify that this individual is authorized to make the request for you.
- If you have questions about the privacy practices of our Clients, we recommend that you please contact them directly.
- We strive to process privacy requests in compliance with applicable law. However, in some circumstances, we or our Clients are not legally required to comply with your request.
- You can file a complaint with a local data protection authority or regulator regarding our processing of your personal information. That stated, if you have concerns or complaints, please let us know so we can work to address the issue.
Your California Privacy Rights:
- We do not engage in the sale of personal information, as these terms are defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- California “Shine The Light” Rights: If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A username and password are needed to access certain areas of the Transact Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by telephone at (888) 380-5245. You may also write to us at the following address:
Privacy Officer – Legal Department
Transact Campus Inc.
22601 N. 19th Avenue, #130
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.